Drowning by Nneka Uzoagu

I am drowning.
Drowning in your thoughts,
In your actions.
You know it's bad,
When someone else's thoughts,
Affect your mind.
You don't affect me in a good way,
As someone should.
You affect me to the point where I cannot breathe.
I am drowning.
You affect me to the point where,
All of my surroundings,
The sky above me,
The love around me,
Is completely black.
I cannot see,
I cannot breathe,
I am drowning.
You expect me to know everything.
To do as you think is best.
You are wrong.
You are drowning me.
Soon it will be too late,
I will give up on you.
If you keep pushing me under water,
If you keep holding me down,
I will suffocate.
I will lose,
I will drown.
You make me feel,
The worst sort of pain,
The worst sort of sorrow,
Every minute,
Of every day.
I am drowning,
And I can't fight anymore.

(and that's how I lost it)...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts