In The Dark S2 E2

"What would a beautiful girl like you be doing out here by this time of the night?" Jude asked as he began to walk Nkechi home.
"I was working on my project with my friend's laptop. I've complained to my parents about the need for a laptop but they don't have the money to get me one," Nkechi replied in fear. She had no idea what this stranger was but she had just witnessed him singlehandedly take down all those men.
"What's the title of the project?"
"The effect of cultism on students academic performance. Please, if you don't mind me asking... What are you?" Nkechi asked with fear and curiosity.
"Best you don't know what I am love, before you become significantly less wonderful. Draw comfort knowing you're safe now."
They walked the rest of the way in silence. Nkechi saw her home in view and thanked Jude for rescuing her tonight. Jude watched her get into her home before moving back on high speed to the native doctors shrine.
"Where you go?" Baba Yomi asked.
"I went to check on something, don't let it disturb you. What did you discover?"
"Wetin you dey find dey very evil. We dey call am Chan."
"You mean the Demon Chan?"
"Yes, the demon wey dey drink the blood of babies, and now wey I don see am, e go kill me unless you bring twenty human heads."
"Yeah, twenty human heads. You're dead anyway."
Jude moved with speed towards him, removed his heart and said, "Thank you for your services."
He turned to meet Mary staring at the lifeless Baba Yomi in awe as she said, "Tell me you've not been careless enough to make an enemy of Chan? Did you know this Baba Yomi was his high priest?"
"Easy now sister, I'm the wreckage that causes ruin."
Mary moved on high speed towards Jude as she raised him up and hit him hard against the ground.
"I am the wreckage that causes ruin," Mary said as she shapeshifted into a being with scaly body, pointy ears, black eyes, fiery hair and a tail with a sharp end.
Jude said, "You're not Mary?"
The being drew a smile across its face as it said, "No, I'm Chan."

Comments

Popular Posts