Pedestal Walk by Josyloni

Lone I stood amidst the absence of the world,
Its existence.
The blaring siren from afar
The loud baritone from the sophomore college
The creeping crickets are my companion
I blink, yet miss them in between my spectacles.

The unholy cry of the moon,
The wind dragging it's Wailing wagon,
Tonight is the night that will never be
The best of my nightmares.

Nightmare! I said?
I meant lucid dream.
Fireflies kept buzzing my ear,
I can see that lad drive by in a ford
Tonight I might take my rance on a trip
Will return when my shoes I rip to shreds.

Let the lad take me on a trip across the sky,
Into the night.
Make me a woman make me a goddess
And I will make all dreams alive.

To the city of love, we journey
Hands clasped tight, inseparable.
We met the golden waters and blue rings.
Amidst crowds we exchanged vow
How long it'd last,question unanswered
Soon the sun would rise and rob me of it all.

But  tonight, I will  revel.
I will be a woman
I will paint the world with the stars
I will sing rainbows and butterflies to the night
The moon will waltz with me
The wind will sing my song
And tomorrow I will make the fabric  in the loom of history.

I'll make tonight worth it
Give my tongue a longlasting taste of sweetness.
Tonight! I'd make the best of every second
And the spank silence in between.
Tonight! I'd leave my lone life
Take a walk into the future.

I will tread every moment onto the horizon
I'd spin and wound the waiting sunrise.
I will illuminate.
I will lead today into eternity.
I will write history in the ink of today.

Comments

Popular Posts