If The Dead Could Write To The Living by Annyka Dela Cruz

Keep this close and always remember,
your blue button down shirt complements you dark blue eyes, make sure you wear it when you first go out with her. She will adore the oceans she will see when she looks at you. She will be reminded of innocence.
your incapability to stare at her constantly will be a nuisance. Look at her, let her be hypnotized by your gaze. She will be mesmerized at how you are attentive, she will be haunted by the blue orbs that brings her the familiarity of unending blue skies.
buy her coffee, if she says no, maybe insist a little, if she says no again, then ask what she likes instead, but if she says yes, watch her eyes light up, watch her smile at the gentle but small offer, make sure you smile back.
Listen to her stories, respond accordingly. She will be a storyteller of all sorts, tell her your stories, listen to her responses, laugh at her jokes, laugh at your own jokes and wish she laughs along witb you. You were never funny with jokes, but I laughed along because your laugh seemed to be the most glorious joke that I could and ever will hear.
Make sure you never bring me up, make sure you never tell her that this was the same coffee shop where we met, same coffee shop we went to before our first kiss, the same coffee shop we went to before our last kiss, the same coffee shop you went to after my funeral.
But when she asks about who I am, please pluck up an immense amount of courage to say my name. Tell her you unconditionally loved me, how it could have been me right now, but then tell her that all of it is buried in the past now. Tell her that it no longer mattered anymore, that I no longer mattered
But I wish, it still did. I wish I still did.

Comments

  1. Gosh!
    This is beautiful and deep!!!!
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ask her permission to post this? I personally know the author of this poem, and I don't think she knows that it's been posted on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts